Actually, it was an internship challenge task given by SocialCops, and I finally submitted it today. Fingers crossed for the results !
This post is not about how to make web spider or any resource provider of some sort for the same. Sorry if you landed here because of the misleading title!
I am writing this post, so as to keep a list of all the great links that I found while making the web spider, the ones that I would visit frequently from now on. Almost all of them are programming related, and I assure you that they are just awesome!
Have a look on them!
- **https://www.reddit.com/r/dailyprogrammer/ ~ lots of interesting programming challenges
- https://opensource.com/life/15/6/2015-summer-reading-list ~ a great list of interesting books
- http://www.obeythetestinggoat.com/ ~ a great blog and book on test driven development, understood its importance while making the web spider
- **http://newcoder.io/tutorials/ ~ superb tutorials on interesting projects
- https://jeffknupp.com/ ~ again, a great book cum blog on Python !
- **https://automatetheboringstuff.com/ ~ hands down, a very interesting book to read !
- http://simplystatistics.org/ ~ a great blog on statistics, even I don't remember how I landed on this while making the spider
- **http://effbot.org/zone/about.htm ~ a blog with lots of new and great python stuff !
- http://blog.stephenwolfram.com/2012/03/the-personal-analytics-of-my-life/ ~ a great blog post by Stephen Wolfram on how he use data analytics in his life!
- ***https://www.recurse.com/ ~ a great place I would love to be someday!
- https://www.recurse.com/blog ~ a nice blog to hang around, for sure!!
- http://szeliski.org/Book/ ~ haven't read it yet, but will read it to get some understanding of computer vision
- http://www.kristenwidman.com/blog/33/how-to-write-a-bittorrent-client-part-1/ ~ a nice place to start with the basics!!
Too many of them, but all of them are kind of gems!